Job Opportunity: Fisheries Field Technician MSG
Fisheries Field Technician
Full-time (32-40 hrs/week) and part-time (20-30 hrs/week) positions available conducting snorkel surveys to identify and count juvenile salmon and steelhead in streams throughout the Mattole River watershed, starting June 1 through the end of August.
- Ability to complete long days of physically strenuous hiking and snorkeling in cold water.
- Attention to detail and ability to closely follow specific instructions.
- Orienteering skills, including the use of maps, compass, and handheld GPS.
- Experience identifying and counting fish using mask and snorkel
- Experience collecting stream habitat data
- Reliable transportation
Pay is $16+/hour, depending on experience. Prior fisheries experience preferred but not necessary, all motivated applicants are encouraged to apply. If interested please contact Nathan Queener at the Mattole Salmon Group (email preferred) with a CV/resume, and brief cover letter containing information about previous experience, why you are interested in this position, and if you are interested in the part- or full-time position.